Supporting your teams to get financially fit in the workplace
Discover our webinar package for financial wellbeing in the workplace – to find out more about booking a webinar for your organisation, contact our strategic partnerships manager Leisa Weir.
enable.me are thrilled to bring you our series of webinars with valuable tools and skills to support you to build your own financial future
DEALING WITH SHORT-TERM DEBT & BUILDING A CASH SURPLUS
Tips for getting your short-term debt under control and building a cash surplus.
FROM PAYING INTEREST TO EARNING INTEREST
- How short-term debt can become a longterm problem
- How we’re being tricked into short-term debt
- The best ways to start digging your way out
- The new habits to have to stay on top
- The benefits of building a cash surplus
- Where that cash surplus may be hiding out
- How to make your surplus grow
PAY DOWN YOUR MORTGAGE FASTER
The banks want you to take 30 years to pay off your mortgage. Here’s what to do instead.
TIME TO TAKE YOUR HOUSE BACK FROM THE BANK
- What mortgages are like today
- Working with rising interest rates
- Approaches for paying it off faster
- Various mortgage types – explained
- The benefits of shopping around
- How paying it off faster will save you $$
NAVIGATING THE INVESTMENT LANDSCAPE
The options can seem overwhelming – what you need to know before you start investing your hard-earned cash.
BUILDING KNOWLEDGE TO INVEST WELL
- Where to start
- Risk vs return
- Your risk profile
- Repay debt or invest first?
- Understanding leveraging
- The role of diversification
- Having the right people in your corner
RAISING FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT KIDS
Raising financially healthy kids so they can flourish (not drain your retirement funds!).
TEACHING HEALTHY MONEY HABITS
- When to start?
- Should you pay pocket money?
- Learning to budget
- Ways to get your kids to practice money management
- AfterPay – valuable lesson or dangerous precedent?
- Turning passions into cash
GETTING RETIREMENT READY
Defining what retirement looks like and how to set yourself up with enough money to fund yours.
KEY STEPS TO PREPARE FOR RETIREMENT
- What does retirement cost? The research
- How far does the pension go?
- How to estimate what you’ll need for your retirement
- The role of KiwiSaver
- Calculating your retirement gap
- Options to grow wealth
GETTING ON THE PROPERTY LADDER
Getting together the deposit and qualifying for a mortgage can be huge hurdles on the road to buying a home.
TIPS TO GET ON THE PROPERTY LADDER
- The role of KiwiSaver
- Assistance you may be entitled to
- BoMaD – The Bank of Mum and Dad
- What you need to know about buying with friends or family members
- Debt-to-income rules to live by
- Should you buy a home or an investment property?